Multiple methods are used to help my players. Included in these is work on the outdoor driving range and short game area, playing golf on the course, and in an indoor golf studio. We use additional devices like state of the art video and electronic equipment, as well as golf specific training tools.
With all of this in mind, my methods are not branded because they are tailored to each individual player.
I have lived in Fairfax County, Virginia since 1974. Growing up I was a sports “junkie.” I played multiple sports including baseball, basketball, football, soccer, and tennis. I graduated from the University of Mary Washington in 1990 and found the game of golf. It quickly became my passion. I turned professional in 1991 and received my PGA membership in 1994. My professional background includes positions at Riverbend G & CC, Reston National GC, Fauquier Springs CC, Chantilly National G & CC, and currently Hidden Creek CC.
During the last seven years I found my true calling in player development. I have been the Director of Instruction at Chantilly National G & CC and now hold that same position at Hidden Creek Country Club.
I have been married to Karen since 1992. We have three children: Ben, Katie, and Braden. And, of course our golden retriever, Kody.
- Nominated MAPGA Teacher of the Year 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Nominated MAPGA Merchandiser of the Year 2005
- Winner of 44 Professional Events
- Qualifier and Participant in 2011 Melwood Open on the Nationwide Tour
- Qualifier and Participant in 2012 National Club Pro Championship
- Two-time Virginia Open Top 10, including 5th low pro in 2002
- 11th low pro in 2013 Maryland Open
- Course Record Holder Fauquier Springs Country Club, 62
- MVP of 2012 MAPGA Chapter Challenge
- 2014 Central Chapter Player of the Year
- 3rd place 2016 Virginia Senior Open
- Qualifier and Participant 2017 Senior PGA Championship